Wednesday 24 October 2018

A Cemetery for Halloween

I found and then quickly sold a load of old Magic the Gathering cards to my local gaming store the other day (there were quite a few rares in the collection) and decided to use some of my new funds to buy a bit of new plastic scenery (well, new for me at any rate). Apart from a toy castle that I painted up, all the rest of my scenery is scratchbuilt, so it was a bit of a novelty in buying the Garden of Morr plastic box set and go about putting it together and painting it. It is however a surprisingly joyous set; I love the modularity of it and the sculpts are crisp and clean and sensible. Perhaps apart from the amount of skulls embedded in the walls, these were a pain in the arse to paint.

The whole set was spray coated black and then zenithal highlighted from above with some white spray. I then used multiple washes and drybrushes to bring the details to life and finally a fair bit of weathering too, again with washes of greens and browns. I just applied that GW corrosion paint straight over the undercoat for the roofs. I completed all the painting in an afternoon! Pretty speedy for me.










Next up I'll be adding some gravestones and set it all up on my table..

No comments:

Post a Comment