Friday 24 May 2019

A quick scratch-built telescope

After some really useful feedback on my last post regarding the wip Wizard's Tower, I decided to add some extras; a balcony, some sand texture in between some of the more gaping gaps of bricks and a telescope. Kudos if you can work out what I've used for the telescope:


Yep! That's three different pen ends glued into each other, a pin tack for the lens, part of the felt from a felt tip pen, a ferrule from a crappy Citadel brush, a square of balsa wood and some cogs from a dismantled watch. Voila!

And here it is in-situ on the balcony:




To do: a floating orb at the top (ping pong ball), a chimney from the white fairy light (bendy straw), some thick vines creeping up the outside (twisted wire and modroc) and a greenstuffed/bitzboxed emblem on the flat plinth and then I can start painting...

8 comments:

  1. That's clever! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great addition, I didn't think the Tower needed it until I saw it attached.
    Very clever scratchbuild telescope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. This really adds a ton of atmosphere to an already lovely piece of scenery. I really dig the fantasy vibe coming from this tower. Is it gaming pieces or tips of crayons?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good! Really enjoying the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete