Saturday 27 April 2019

3 little Marauder Goblins by Trish Carden

Over on the Oldhammer Facebook page, Trish Carden from Marauder Miniatures fame has been posting the original green sculpts of many of her models. To celebrate her work and contribution, JB has suggested we all paint up some of her miniatures from back in the day, under the hashtag, #makeatrish.

 I already have a unit of those Marauder Goblins (only missing one for the entire collection of sculpts) and saw this as a perfect opportunity to paint a few of them up for this celebration. It's always nice to have an additional reason to paint up some of my collection.

These are 3 of my favourite sculpts from the series and I chose 3 because I wanted to make sure I got them completed in time and anything more than that would have led me down the path of tedious batch painting. (I'll leave that for a future painting session).

So here they are, showing a bit of courage  in numbers...



 They were painted in one evening and based in another. Pretty quick to work on as there was only a limited palette and once the skin and metal are done, there's very little left to paint!
 This is a classic pose with raised weapon and shield, but I like how he's hiding behind his shield and how his chainmail hood pretty much covers his eyes. Of course it's great that he's armed with an old hammer.
 This one has a less obvious pose, a goblin with an additional weapon! Brave not to be hiding behind a shield!. He's also got a sly intelligence to his face which I think is typical of a Goblin.
 Finally my favourite of the three. He's got a great dynamic pose with the sword resting on the shield ready to attack and he has the most evil looking face of the three with those pointy ears and nose. A little snarl in the right side of his mouth is perfect.

So if you weren't aware of Trish's sculpting you are now and of course there's many other classic Marauder and GW sculpts that she's created for us to paint. I have about another 20 odd to go from this range! 

10 comments:

  1. They look great. I love the skin tones, it gives them quite a look of menace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're very menacing little sculpts, just how goblins should be, i think you'll agree, Lee

      Delete
  2. Nice work, I really like the colour choices uyou made here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very limited palette of about 10 paints all in.

      Delete
  3. Looks really awesome! Love the green colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always favoured a more earthy brown/green skin tone for my goblinoids. Never been a fan of lurid green skin tones.

      Delete
  4. Very characterful models and a fitting paintjob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! These were super easy and fun to paint

      Delete