Tuesday 27 November 2018

Gaudy Garb - some unreleased Citadel Wizards

Sometimes I look at my paint rack and think “fuck me, there’s some nice colours on there that I never use”. This is an actual quote from my internal monologue. So it plays out that I wanted to paint something different from my usual limited palette and move into the realms of various bright and vibrant, perhaps even gaudy colours. So last night the task was set; but what models would suit the oranges, greens, pinks, purples and yellows? Well history tells us that the rich like to display their wealth with clashing, colourful clothing so I rummaged around and found these limited release Citadel wizards that I picked up from BOYL a few years ago. I kind of re-imagined then as haughty lords in a tavern and will again play them as npcs, but I wanted them to look like foppish dicks flouting their vivid couture in a grimy Inn, looking completely out of place. I’ll do a photoshoot of that asap (now that I’ve completed my tavern workers) too.



Imagine a couple of Barbarians entering the Spotted Dog and seeing these two twats ordering half flagons of shandy and sipping carefully on them [scenario/photoshoot opportunity] Maybe they do have a magical air about them though so the Barbarians should be wary...

Talking of out of place, I’ve got a real urge to post these on the Dark Age of Sigmar (Aos28) group.

No comments:

Post a Comment