Monday 13 May 2019

Lasercut House #2: to drybrush or not?

The second lasercut house is now complete and finished in double-quick time. Being such clean kits they are very easy to paint with none of the hiding of errors I usually have with scratch-built versions. Again, painting the beams black from every angle was the biggest pain and again I wished that I had sprayed them black before gluing them down. However, I'm really pleased how this one turned out, even though a quick dark grey drybrush over the beams would probably help; do you agree?

It was originally designed with a watermill attached to it's left side, but that made it too specific for me and preferred a more versatile townhouse. 






And together they both look pretty good, almost designed to go next to each other, but will of course look ace when I eventually get back into the attic and re-set my scenery set up once the proper building work in my proper house is completed.


10 comments:

  1. I love it. I concur, a slight grey drybrush would make it look perfect, but don't press yourself too hard, I really love the way it looks right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Suber. I think I'll just move onto my next project and leave the drybrushing

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers Michal, can't wait to set it up with my other scenery

      Delete
  3. what a great looking set of buildings

    ReplyDelete
  4. And so easily done. Cheers Riot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you were to drybrush I'd be inclined for a browny grey to keep the wooden richness. But if it was mine I'd just move on to the next project because it looks pretty good as is and I prefer having more stuff done well than a few things done spectacularly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like it's good as it is and am especially impressed by the work on the beige panels.
    Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very smart. My townhouses had a very very light drybrush of bleached bone all over them to finish and tie it together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete