Friday 29 January 2016

Enter the Undead

I've created lots of warbands (here, here, here and here) to play Heroquest or Frostgrave with, but I don't have any wandering monsters painted up on the appropriate bases to fight against, yet. Once again Frostgrave has inspired me to get some of my miniature pile painted; so I rummaged through my box of Mantic undead and found some skeleton and zombie sprues initially and then I remembered that I had the Ghoul Warband from Heresy and finally an old Citadel Chaos Warrior who works perfectly as a Vampire/Necromancer character. Oh and a Lord of the Rings model to be used as a Wraith (I have no idea where or why I collected that one..)




So here are all the Undead assembled and based, ready to start painting:












I found a really useful online guide which lists the maximum amount and the full range of monsters which are needed to play Frostgrave - and I like lists to help focus my collecting impulses. So here's what is needed for the Undead contingent:
  • 12 Armoured Skeletons
  • 9 Ghouls
  • 5 Skeletons
  • 1 Vampire
  • 1 Wraith
  • 6 Zombies
Yes that's 34 Undead miniatures to paint...


And all the other creatures in the Bestiary (some of which I already have and some others which I will need to purchase):
  • 2 Bears
  • 1 Boar
  • 4 Giant Rats
  • 2 Spiders
  • 3 Toads
  • 2 Snow Leopards
  • 1 Gorilla
  • 2 Wild Dogs
  • 3 Wolves
  • 2 Large Constructs
  • 2 Medium Constructs
  • 2 Small Constructs
  • 1 Imp
  • 2 Major Demons
  • 3 Minor Demons
  • 1 Giant
  • 6 Giant Worms
  • 2 Trolls
  • 1 Werewolf
  • 1 Genie
  • 6 Statues
That's a significant addition to the [not so] miniature pile and the painting queue... Let's get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment