Monday 17 February 2020

New barbarian recruits

On my last post I forgot to mention my love of Frank Frazetta's art and how my h this was inspiring my ideas for a Barbarian warband, well I've painted some more, hopefully evocative of his style.
Three more to be precise, added to the warband; another Hasslefree model, but this one with a ice dynamic running pose, a Red Box game miniature with a head swap (the original looked far too small and besides I had this nice Spacewolf head going spare in my bits box) and a Reaper Bones wild dog to finish off:


And so you can see where some of my I spiration has come from, some classic Frazzeta:



6 comments:

  1. Fantastic looking additions Stuart, very fitting with Frank's style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really liking where this is going Stuart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really impressive. I had seen the Hasslefree one before, but I didn't knew of the Red Box one, and I have to say I totally love it. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice painting, especially on the skin tones. They work very well as a warband!

    ReplyDelete