Friday 4 September 2020

Kit-bashing Beastmen

I don't often show many Wips, so I thought I'd change that as of now as a break from painting all 21 Beastmen for my Nurgle army. These are the last 6 for the unit (the others are all painted) and are all kit-bashed / bitz boxed from my stash. One of my favourite aspects of the hobby is a good rummage for different parts and working out ways of combining them into a unique mini. Here's my most recent endeavours:








There's a bit of greenstuffing to fill the gaps and add some texture and you might notice some small poxes which are super glued balls from a water filter (also useful for sci-fi rivets). 

Most of these are plastic based parts which are of course the easiest to join together with a bit of poly cement but the challenge of pinning and joining metal to metal or plastic is also a satisfying moment. 

I think my favourite one is the first, with his little metal legs, multiple toes and shrunken head, but I've tried to add a bit of detail and interest to each. Let me know your thoughts, I'm intrigued to know your favourites and why. 
Cheers! 

6 comments:

  1. That's a weird group of mutants, truly blessed by chaos, I can see them roaming the ruins of Mordheim. My favourite is the diseased & creepy Mr ED, that sideways glance as if those bestial senses heard something in the shadows.. those nostrils snorting and huffing.. its coming to get us brandishing a lethal axe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great conversions Stuart, all look extremely Nurgle, like all of them with each having a unique blend of creature and man, very reminiscent of GW's early beastmen models but with your own unique flair

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love the way they look -menacing and vicious. Please give us more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like these! Pure chaos as it’s meant to be.

    Fav has to be #3, head back braying to the dark gods as he hacks away with that axe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really cool. Thumb's up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look great. Especially the horseman.

    ReplyDelete