Monday 1 June 2020

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth (335pts)

So here’s the first character for the army, a Dragon Ogre Shaggoth, a level 25 hero at 335pts. There was no option for one of these in Warhammer 3rd Edition Armies and I think it was several editions of Warhammer later that he was an option for Chaos forces, which must have coincided with the release of the model upon which my conversion was made. But of course the Lost and the Damned book had the option to field one, so here’s my Nurglified version:


I remember being on a lengthy hiatus from the hobby, but the release of this model somehow infiltrated my ignorant bubble and I was mightily impressed. Such an imposing sculpt. So when I did return to the fold, this was a model I wanted to get my hands on and convert. You can see more about the process here from 5 years ago!


And here’s the info from the Lost and the Damned, those lovely stats come at quite some points cost...



This is now a total of 2790pts for the growing army, another character next...

9 comments:

  1. Great looking conversion and painting Stuart, remember when they brought this one out, I had the original one many years ago that you see in the centre of the artwork above, but gave it to a friend to help him out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dave. That original dragon Ogre is a model I've never owned or painted, something I would like to change in the near future!

      Delete
  2. That's a bold conversion to corrupt that nice metal miniature with the grandfathers blessing.. and weirdly the conversion looks like it predates the miniature you started with. You were channelling some chaos mojo that day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it may have been over quite a few days, which was a lot of putrid chaos running through my mind...

      Delete
  3. Man that looks way better than the original adult. Lovely work Stuart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dai. I think the conversion to a cyclops and the dangling weapon are the most effective changes.

      Delete
  4. Great work as always budski, love it.

    ReplyDelete