Thursday 4 June 2020

Level 15 Sorcerer (205pts)

So I felt that my collection of models (an 
So I felt that my collection of models (an army?) needed a leader, so I dusted of this converted sorcerer on a Palanquin raised by Nurglings. I've jumped between Warhammer Armies and the Lost and the Damned here, choosing a Level 15 sorcerer profile (155)  from the former and giving him the palanquin (50) a free (ridiculously) Staff of Nurgle from the latter. 


The main part of the model, the palanquin, is of course the classic Citadel version, unadulterated, but I didn't really like any of the riders that came with it (I have him going spare) so created my own from some plastic zombie and chaos bits and greenstuff for the cloth. 

The staff of Nurgle uses one of those Beastmen heads from the sprue on a plastic spear. Here's more on what appears to be quite a potent staff:


The wormpile model I shared in my warband post is perfect to represent the remains of the failed magic test model. 

So with this sorcerer leading the masses the total now equates to a current total of 2995pts which seems like a good opportunity to take a group shot of a 3000pt army:

 
Much more to come though.... 

9 comments:

  1. Great conversion and painting Stuart, and a mighty impressive looking army

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dave, I reckon I'm just over halfway through and I really want to get this project completed, so your encouragement is much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. I echo Dave's sentiments too Stuart. Just a quick question, is he the conversion that you posted on the forum way back when?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, he was done a while ago and posted in the Oldhammer forum. I've got all the painted stuff out of storage and photographing it whilst working on all the unpainted stuff in the background. Posting quite regularly keeps me motivated and it's quite nice to see a diary of the army building up towards an eventual conclusion...

      Delete
  3. That's a suitably tainted/blessed sorcerer to lead the growing army, nice conversion. Looking forward to seeing what new additions have been added.

    Do you have any favourites in the army? the Chaos Warrior Champions of Nurgle? the original Beast of Nurgle? Sloppity Bilepiper? I really like your converted Chaos Centaurs and the kitbashed Pestigor Beastmen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It changes. Sometimes it's a fully lead, heavy old Citadel unit, like the Beastmen and at other times it's the creativity of the conversions (ie ' I'm surprised I pulled that off!) as with the centaurs. Mostly I'm looking forward though to the next big idea that's my favourite, which at the moment is a big unit of diseased flaggelant conversions and a unit of knights. I'm currently finishing a slightly uninspiring unit of warhound and then onto an original beast of Nurgle. I'm saddened that I've actually put such thought into the order of what I'm painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, whole army looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, this one is particularly nice! Lovely conversion, I like the fact that you didn't go for the obvious fat guy choice. This one works much better IMO. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is really a great and useful piece of info. I’m glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing this. I have something to share here.
    mcafee.com/activate |
    www.mcafee.com/activate

    ReplyDelete