Friday 22 November 2019

Blood Bowl Elf team - tester



On the back of completing a full WFB unit of 21 Rugluds Orcs, I have decided to try and maintain some momentum with batch painting and paint up my old school Elf Blood Bowl team. There is also another reason, I have an Orc team ready to go and my son and I had a quick game of Blood Bowl using those and my primed elf team (forgot to take photos unfortunately). We had a blast, I scored two touchdowns to win 2-0 but only had 5 players left standing at the end and the result is that we want to play some more - but of course it's always better with painted minis (and a scratch-built pitch... stadium) but lets get the team finished first.

So here is my test Elf player:





Initially I wanted to go blue, white and yellow, much like the Bright Crusaders colour scheme below:


Image result for bright crusaders

but realised quite quickly that with the addition of Elf hair colours it would be too much. Therefore the yellow went towards the Elf hair and the white was combined with a range of blue hues for the teams uniform. A bit of red as a spot colour seems to work and I will look to introduce some halves, quarters, patterns and slashes into the paint design. However I would love to hear your opinions before I paint the rest of the team:


The final element is the basing. I've used the cracked earth paint, with some static grass and leaves. Does it look ok or too barren? Should I gloss it to make it look muddier? Thanks in advance!

5 comments:

  1. Like your choice of colours for the elf, think the base looks perfect for a long hot summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good colour scheme! Really brings back good memories of 2nd Ed bloodbowl. My Darkside Cowboys are still in a box from back then - man they need a repaint! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not familiar with the game or models, but I think you've done a great job with the painting and the base - I wouldn't change anything and think that the leaves add a lot, but do remind me more of fall sports. Don't know if the game is supposed to be in a certain time of year or anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very oldschool model, love your take on it. As for the base, I think the earth looks a bit too dry or the grass too green. Still, it's more than just acceptabele and I probably wouldn't change it.

    ReplyDelete