Tuesday 31 March 2020

Gaslands! part 3

Another day another couple of Gaslanded toy cars. These two are actually old Matchbox cars from when I was a boy, so there's a bit of sentiment here... but not enough from me pulling them apart and rebuilding them with weapons and armour:








I was quite keen to exaggerate the contrast in paint scheme here, from rust bucket to well maintained, race ready, blue. 

In terms of the build, the Corvette was drilled open so a driver could be added (even though you can barely see him on the finished car!), a singular gun mounted on the roof and the white stripe protected by masking tape. 

 I painted the interior and driver and then layered up my blues from dark to light. To add a bit of lustre to the colour I used a Tamiya blue over the top, which worked really well to get a bit of that metallic gleam to the body, however it was quite glossy so I had to finish with a bit of matt varnish:

The tape was taken away (always so satisfying) and the stripe painted from grey to white. 

The Dodge Dakota was built up more substantially with a plough, satelite, roof light, bonnet mounted gun and windshield. On the back I added a harpoon gun with gunner:


And the painting of the rust done in the traditional way with a range of dark browns, to red browns to oranges dabbed on over each other. 

So I'm done for Gaslands for now (apart from playing the game with my kids and on the Hot Wheels track with my son), oh and I want to recreate my Freeway Fighter on this scale too and maybe one of the Mad Max vehicles too. 

Something literacy inspired next... 

3 comments:

  1. I really like the rusty car's appearance from the front, very intimidating, and the speedster looks well snazzy. After watching a trilogy of Death Race films over the weekend, I imagine Gaslands fans have fun recreating movie carnage and mayhem on a matchbox scale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you are certainly having fun! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm  here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me. My name is Nikita Tanya, from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance  all hope was lost until one faithful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from Le_Meridian Funding Service She introduced me to this honest loan company who helped me get a loan in within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@outlook.com lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com, they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of a loan assistance  please come to this company and be saved.WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)

    ReplyDelete